Join Looby Macnamara, one of the co-founders and developers of the Cultural Emergence toolkit, for this pioneering experience to discover tools for positive cultural evolution. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the global activation and development of Cultural Emergence.
This Cultural Emergence weekend course invites you to take the opportunity in following this natural rhythm of regeneration and turning your focus inwards. Give yourself the time to reflect, to compost what no longer serves you and to renew your energies and perspectives. During this course people will come together to ask the following questions:
- How can we facilitate cultural change?
- What do we want the new culture and new story to look like?
- What part can we play in helping it to emerge?
We will look at the many levels of culture, right through from our own personal culture and patterns of being, to the global context. We will share tools, techniques, processes and ways of being, thinking and seeing differently. Each person is adding their own unique voice of insight and wisdom to create exciting, engaging and illuminating experiences. You will learn how to use the toolkit in your own lives to become more intentional in making your relationships kinder, more connected and truly regenerative. You will be invited to contribute to the ongoing, evolving, global conversation of how we can use Cultural Emergence to manifest action and momentum in enhancing positive connections for individuals, families, groups and communities of all types. The collective wisdom of the group will be harvested to further the development and effectiveness of this inspirational toolkit.
During the Activating Cultural Emergence course we will learn
- to become aware of our own personal culture and it's influences
- how to use the Cultural Emergence toolkit in our own lives to shift personal patterns of thinking and behaving
- how to integrate the principles and practices of Cultural Emergence into our everyday lives
- deep nature connections practices to enhance our well-being
The use of the toolkit will be embedded into the course itself to create a culture of connection, care and empowerment, that invites us all to shine our gifts and invites emergent wisdom to flow through the group.
- through interactive, lively and participatory processes you will become familiar with the practices of Cultural Emergence
- to grow deep connections and to weave a nourishing community
- connect with like minded people and create a collaborative learning community
- guided self-reflective activities will support bringing Cultural Emergence alive in our lives
- spending time outside, feeling the elements and getting in touch with the other-than-human world
- we will be connecting with the bigger vision for humanity and how we can play our part in bringing this vision into reality.
This course is one of the modules of the Cultural Emergence toolkit. It is designed to activate and initiate your learning pathway, although the modules can be taken in any order.
This course offers you
- new perspectives and tools to bring greater balance between activation and regeneration into your life
- deeper awareness of the many levels of cultures more clearly: personal, social and global
- chance to observe and interact with your own patterns of thinking, behaving and interacting
- new language for systems thinking to enable you to think in a more dynamic and interconnected way.
The Activating Cultural Emergence course is open and relevant to anyone.
It will be valuable for those who are just beginning their journey of self discovery and contributing to the world, as well as those who have been working towards emerging a new culture for a long time, though not necessarily calling it Cultural Emergence.
It is particularly useful for
- those working towards a holistic sustainable vision for humanity
- people wanting a deeper grounding in skills and principles that support healthy relationships
- people involved in creating healthy communities through Transition initiatives and other community projects.
- 8 Shields practitioners, village builders and community facilitators
- permaculturists wanting to increase their knowledge or specialise in people permaculture (personal and social permaculture)
- people interested in supporting nature connection practices
WOW! What an incredible fertile space of love and creation! Thank you so much for sharing your land, knowledge and love with us all. I feel empowered with the tools to create ripples of revolution.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and nudging the possibility for a new culture to emerge within me, with me and around me.
WOW Pure magic. What a life changingly awesome time at this global permaculture learning institute. World class facilitation, inspiring land and diverse facilities.
Here are several options
Alvastien organinze rooms in walking distance to the venue with access to bathroom – with two or more beds – for NOK 250 per person per night.
There are some cabins for rent nearby, with higher standard – wifi, television, bathroom and kitchen. Within driving distance from the venue.
The course starts at 5 pm on Friday August 9th and ends 5 pm on Sunday August 11th
There are 4 concessions NOK1800,- (Earlybird 1500,-)
Standard course fees are NOK2800,- (Earlybird 2400,-)
Earlybird ends 1st June 2019
For further details and to book a place on the course please contact Hege Wiken by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get here:
The Course will be in Fykse, Hardanger - a small village in the fjord of Fyksesund in Norway. The Bus nr 925 from Bergen and from Voss goes past us – follow this link to the timetable: Time table
Facilitators & Venue
Hege Wiken is a basket-maker, permaculturist and nature lover. She runs the farm Alvastien together with her husband and their three boys. Here they are cultivating forest-gardening and regenerative lifestyle.
The venue is situated in Fyksesund, Hardanger. It is a small village in the fjord of Fyksesund, which has beautiful scenery with fruit gardens and sheep farms. The course will take place in the Fykse Barnehage (Old School Building).