Join Looby Macnamara, one of the co-founders and developers of the Cultural Emergence toolkit, for this pioneering experience to discover tools for positive cultural evolution. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the global activation and development of Cultural Emergence.
This Cultural Emergence weekend course invites you to take the opportunity in following this natural rhythm of regeneration and turning your focus inwards. Give yourself the time to reflect, to compost what no longer serves you and to renew your energies and perspectives. During this course people will come together to ask the following questions:
- How can we facilitate cultural change?
- What do we want the new culture and new story to look like?
- What part can we play in helping it to emerge?
We will look at the many levels of culture, right through from our own personal culture and patterns of being, to the global context. We will share tools, techniques, processes and ways of being, thinking and seeing differently. Each person is adding their own unique voice of insight and wisdom to create exciting, engaging and illuminating experiences. You will learn how to use the toolkit in your own lives to become more intentional in making your relationships kinder, more connected and truly regenerative. You will be invited to contribute to the ongoing, evolving, global conversation of how we can use Cultural Emergence to manifest action and momentum in enhancing positive connections for individuals, families, groups and communities of all types. The collective wisdom of the group will be harvested to further the development and effectiveness of this inspirational toolkit.
During the Activating Cultural Emergence course we will learn
- to become aware of our own personal culture and it's influences
- how to use the Cultural Emergence toolkit in our own lives to shift personal patterns of thinking and behaving
- how to integrate the principles and practices of Cultural Emergence into our everyday lives
- deep nature connections practices to enhance our well-being
The use of the toolkit will be embedded into the course itself to create a culture of connection, care and empowerment, that invites us all to shine our gifts and invites emergent wisdom to flow through the group.
- through interactive, lively and participatory processes you will become familiar with the practices of Cultural Emergence
- to grow deep connections and to weave a nourishing community
- connect with like minded people and create a collaborative learning community
- guided self-reflective activities will support bringing Cultural Emergence alive in our lives
- spending time outside, feeling the elements and getting in touch with the other-than-human world
- we will be connecting with the bigger vision for humanity and how we can play our part in bringing this vision into reality.
This course is one of the modules of the Cultural Emergence toolkit. It is designed to activate and initiate your learning pathway, although the modules can be taken in any order.
This course offers you
- new perspectives and tools to bring greater balance between activation and regeneration into your life
- deeper awareness of the many levels of cultures more clearly: personal, social and global
- chance to observe and interact with your own patterns of thinking, behaving and interacting
- new language for systems thinking to enable you to think in a more dynamic and interconnected way.
The Activating Cultural Emergence course is open and relevant to anyone.
It will be valuable for those who are just beginning their journey of self discovery and contributing to the world, as well as those who have been working towards emerging a new culture for a long time, though not necessarily calling it Cultural Emergence.
It is particularly useful for
- those working towards a holistic sustainable vision for humanity
- people wanting a deeper grounding in skills and principles that support healthy relationships
- people involved in creating healthy communities through Transition initiatives and other community projects.
- 8 Shields practitioners, village builders and community facilitators
- permaculturists wanting to increase their knowledge or specialise in people permaculture (personal and social permaculture)
- people interested in supporting nature connection practices
WOW! What an incredible fertile space of love and creation! Thank you so much for sharing your land, knowledge and love with us all. I feel empowered with the tools to create ripples of revolution.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and nudging the possibility for a new culture to emerge within me, with me and around me.
WOW Pure magic. What a life changingly awesome time at this global permaculture learning institute. World class facilitation, inspiring land and diverse facilities.
There is indoor accomodation, and all food provided.
25th-27th January 2019
The course begins on Friday afternoon at 5pm
and finishes on Sunday afternoon at 3pm
This is a chance to invest in your ongoing development and life path.
€200 plus €50 for food and accommodation
€180 low waged
€180 early bird full fee
€162 early bird low waged
early bird discount available until 30th November
limited concessionary places available for unemployed and students €150
For further details and to book a place on the course please contact Lulu
Time and Travel
Applewood Permaculture Centre is based in North Hereforshire. Our nearest train stations are Ludlow or Leominster.
Postcode is SY8 4JG - Orleton Common (more details provided on booking)
Facilitators & Venue
Lulu Mederer first got in touch with permaculture in 2012 and this instant resonance has since then grown in depth and breadth. After completing her PhD in 2016 on the role of chance in creative processes, she started focusing her energy on the facilitation of invigorating and supportive learning spaces in which growth and transformation can take place through intellectual stimulation, direct experience and embodied learning. With a background in literature, mythology and depth psychology, Lulu likes to embed storytelling and engagement with our inner landscapes in her courses. Her mission is to offer guidance to those who are interested in deepening their connection to themselves, their fellow creatures and the more-than-human world in all its varied and complex forms.
Inspired through reading People and Permaculture Lulu met Looby in 2013 at her Design Web Immersion course and visited Applewood for the first time in 2016 to attend the residential part of the yearlong People and Permaculture Facilitator Training. Since then she apprenticed with Looby on several of her Activating Cultural Emergence courses. It became ever more clear that Lulu’s and Looby’s deeply shared passion for living the vision of global transformation makes them collaborators on this path.
I am grateful for all the learnings and mentoring I have received from Looby and am keen to join her on her mission to bring the effective tools of inner and social permaculture as well as the cultural emergence project into more people’s lives.