Course DescriptionJoin Looby Macnamara, one of the co-founders and developers of the Cultural Emergence toolkit, for this pioneering experience to discover tools for positive cultural evolution. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the global activation and development of Cultural Emergence. This Cultural Emergence weekend course invites you to take the opportunity in following this natural rhythm of regeneration and turning your focus inwards. Give yourself the time to reflect, to compost what no longer serves you and to renew your energies and perspectives. During this course people will come together to ask the following questions:
- How can we facilitate cultural change?
- What do we want the new culture and new story to look like?
- What part can we play in helping it to emerge?
During the Activating Cultural Emergence course we will learn
- to become aware of our own personal culture and it's influences
- how to use the Cultural Emergence toolkit in our own lives to shift personal patterns of thinking and behaving
- how to integrate the principles and practices of Cultural Emergence into our everyday lives
- deep nature connections practices to enhance our well-being
The use of the toolkit will be embedded into the course itself to create a culture of connection, care and empowerment, that invites us all to shine our gifts and invites emergent wisdom to flow through the group.
- through interactive, lively and participatory processes you will become familiar with the practices of Cultural Emergence
- to grow deep connections and to weave a nourishing community
- connect with like minded people and create a collaborative learning community
- guided self-reflective activities will support bringing Cultural Emergence alive in our lives
- spending time outside, feeling the elements and getting in touch with the other-than-human world
- we will be connecting with the bigger vision for humanity and how we can play our part in bringing this vision into reality.
This course is one of the modules of the Cultural Emergence toolkit. It is designed to activate and initiate your learning pathway, although the modules can be taken in any order. This course offers you
- new perspectives and tools to bring greater balance between activation and regeneration into your life
- deeper awareness of the many levels of cultures more clearly: personal, social and global
- chance to observe and interact with your own patterns of thinking, behaving and interacting
- new language for systems thinking to enable you to think in a more dynamic and interconnected way.
The Activating Cultural Emergence course is open and relevant to anyone.
It will be valuable for those who are just beginning their journey of self discovery and contributing to the world, as well as those who have been working towards emerging a new culture for a long time, though not necessarily calling it Cultural Emergence.It is particularly useful for
- those working towards a holistic sustainable vision for humanity
- people wanting a deeper grounding in skills and principles that support healthy relationships
- people involved in creating healthy communities through Transition initiatives and other community projects.
- 8 Shields practitioners, village builders and community facilitators
- permaculturists wanting to increase their knowledge or specialise in people permaculture (personal and social permaculture)
- people interested in supporting nature connection practices
WOW! What an incredible fertile space of love and creation! Thank you so much for sharing your land, knowledge and love with us all. I feel empowered with the tools to create ripples of revolution.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and nudging the possibility for a new culture to emerge within me, with me and around me.
WOW Pure magic. What a life changingly awesome time at this global permaculture learning institute. World class facilitation, inspiring land and diverse facilities.
This course is camping. There are a few indoor beds available for those that can’t camp. We have extra tents and bedding available for people to borrow if needed. We will be having bring and share lunches on Saturday and Sunday, and cooked meals on Friday and Saturday dinners.
Dates28th June -30th June The course begins on and finishes on Participants will leave on
FeesThis is a chance to invest in your ongoing development and life path. Concessions £155 (earlybird £125) Low waged £190 (under £15K a year) (earlybird £160) Waged £220 (earlybird £190) Please note Concessions are limited to 4 places on a first come first served basis Earlybird discount available for bookings before 31st October 2018 Costs include all tuition, camping and breakfasts and dinners. (food to share for lunches)
BookingFor further details and to apply for a place on the course please contact Emma
Time and TravelApplewood Permaculture Centre is based in North Hereforshire. Our nearest train stations are Ludlow or Leominster. Postcode is SY8 4JG - Orleton Common (more details provided on booking)
Facilitators & Venue
Looby Macnamara is co-developer of the Cultural Emergence toolkit with Jon Young. She is an experienced permaculture teacher, author and designer. She is author of 3 books People and Permaculture and 7 Ways to Think Differently. People and Permaculture is the first book to directly translate the principles and design methods of permaculture from land to people. Looby enjoys using creative teaching methods to create a fun and collaborative learning environment.