Join Looby Macnamara and Chris Johnstone for this nurturing experience to discover tools for positive cultural evolution.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn and converse with the co-founders and collaborators of the Cultural Emergence project and to be part of the global activation and development of Cultural Emergence.
This module of the Cultural Emergence toolkit gives us the opportunity to deeply connect with ourselves, each other and the more than human world. It is an experiential journey to finding peace and empowerment within ourselves. We can carry these tools forward to emerge a peaceful culture in our own lives.
Having been involved in permaculture for some time exploring ways to bring its richness into other areas of justice work for social and environmental change, I found the Cultural Emergence course just what I was looking for to broaden my work in these areas. The program embodied the principles and practices it was teaching in its very design and implementation. Creative, imaginative, and well facilitated by experienced mentors in the field, it was a wonderful blend of rich discussion and application of the concepts of cultural emergence. Combining this in the beautiful outdoor setting of Applewood Permaculture with plenty of reflective time in nature, wonderful food and new friendships with people from around the world made it one of those life changing events I’ll draw from for years to come. It was both personally and professionally enriching and I highly recommend it to anyone preparing and designing for a better future.
Our course vision is
* To create a peaceful culture in our lives
* To learn, experience and embody the Nourish and Empower phase, practices and principles of Cultural Emergence
* To Nourish and Empower ourselves as changemakers, and enable deep connection to ourselves, each other and the land to bring us into a state of fertile Cultural Emergence.
During the PEACE course we will learn
• how to use the Cultural Emergence toolkit in our own lives to become more intentional in making our relationships kinder, more connected and truly regenerative.
• how to integrate the principles and practices of Cultural Emergence into our everyday lives to empower us to make changes
•deep nature connections practices to enhance our well-being
• tools and principles for creating an active practice of Peacemaking in our lives, for ourselves and our relationships
• methods for effective and empowering Collaboration and Co-creation
- ways to build resilience
This is a wonderful opportunity to connect with like minded people and create a collaborative learning community. Participants will get a chance to connect with Looby and Chris and share wisdom and stories with them. The use of the toolkit will be embedded into the course itself to create a culture of connection, care and empowerment, that invites us all to shine our gifts and invites emergent wisdom to flow through the group. Through interactive, lively and participatory processes we will become familiar with the practices of Cultural Emergence. We will be immersed in the natural world, and continually deepening our connection. We will be connecting with the bigger vision for humanity and how we can play our part in bringing this vision into reality.
The intention is to come away nourished and empowered to live the life we want to live and make a positive contribution to humanity. This is an opportunity to come to a beautiful place, meet amazing people and gift yourself with some quality time and connection.
It is a wonderful chance to connect, collaborate and spend quality time with Looby and Chris.
It will be particularly useful and relevant to
- The course is accessible for anyone wishing to create more peace, empowerment and connection into their lives and relationships
- Those working towards a holistic sustainable vision for humanity
- People wanting a deeper grounding in skills and principles that support healthy relationships
- People involved in creating healthy communities through Transition initiatives and other community projects.
- 8 Shields practitioners, village builders and community facilitators
- Permaculturists wanting to increase their knowledge or specialise in people permaculture (personal and social permaculture)
- People interested in supporting nature connection practices
- Those involved in Extinction Rebellion who are looking for tools to build regenerative cultures.
- People wanting a meaningful, nourishing way to spend some of their summer
It is beneficial (but not essential) for people to do the ACE - Activating Cultural Emergence course prior to attendance to lay the foundations of the Cultural Emergence toolkit and enable deeper learning.
See Cultural Emergence Learning Pathways for more information about the different modules.
WOW! What an incredible fertile space of love and creation! Thank you so much for sharing your land, knowledge and love with us all. I feel empowered with the tools to create ripples of revolution.
We will be fully catered for by our wonderful cooks Mary and Emma. All our food is vegetarian which much of the produce grown at Applewood or sourced locally. We can cater for vegan and gluten free diets. (some people say it's worth coming on our courses just for the food!)
This course is camping with some indoor beds available for those that can’t camp. We have extra tents and bedding available for people to borrow if needed.
3rd- 9th August 2020
The course begins at 3pm on Monday 3rd and finishes at lunchtime on Sunday 9th August.
EARLY BIRD OFFER ENDS 30th APRIL
This is a chance to invest in your ongoing development and life path.
Concesssion £545 earlybird - £595
Low waged £645 earlybird - £695
Waged £745 earlybird - £795
Earlybird prices before 30th April.
Secure your place with a deposit of £140. Payment in installments can be arranged.
Costs include all tuition, food and camping.
For further details and to apply for a place on the course please contact Emma
Applewood Permaculture Centre is based in North Hereforshire. Our nearest train stations are Ludlow or Leominster.
Postcode is SY8 4JG - Orleton Common (more details provided on booking)
If you are coming from overseas please contact Emma for more information about the different transport options
Facilitators & Venue
Chris Johnstone is a leading specialist in the psychology of resilience who for more than three decades has run courses supporting empowered responses to global crisis. He has worked closely with Joanna Macy in this, co-authoring with her Active Hope, a book now translated into ten languages. His most recent book, Seven Ways to Build Resilience, was published in April 2019.
By background, Chris trained and worked as a medical doctor, first as a GP, then for many years in a specialist mental health team treating people with alcohol dependence.
I love the concept and practice of Cultural Emergence, seeing this as an essential life-affirming choice we can become more skillful in making, supporting and expressing. I'm looking forward to our time together, and with all those who join us, at the PEACE course in 2020.